Sales Meeting Discussion Guide:
PARTICIPATION OPENING QUESTION:
By show of hands, and be honest now, how many of you have missed a sale because you did not ask your potential customer to buy from you? How many of you did not buy from someone else for the same reason. (Get a couple of examples talk about the obvious and move on).
We talked about how GM’s start on the floor, a lot of dealers start that way as well. As we look at that ladder of ascension to the top. If you want to get to the next step it often starts from being good where you are now. Remember, if you are not getting better, then you are in danger of not being good.
QUESTION: What are some things that we can try and do in order to REMEMBER to ask for the sale?
- Start with the end in mind.
- How are we dressed, How do we smell, how is our body language? Are we smiling?
QUESTION: Is our level of enthusiasm getting them emotionally involved?
- “Passion” communicates CONFIDENCE and Confidences is transferred to the customer as PRIDE! “I am proud of what I have to offer you from my store.”
- I am really knowledgeable about my product; I am good at showing you how the features of my vehicle can benefit just exactly what you are talking about.
- Because I am a good listener and if not I take notes to help me remember.
Have EVERY sales team member share one method on each category of earning the right to and asking for THE SALE.
- Practice presenting features to customer’s’ specific needs. (Vehicle Walk a Rounds).
- Enhancing product knowledge.
- Practice having a positive mental attitude not just sometimes but all of the time.
- Become a better listener, take notes to remember better.
- Set attainable goals and take action to make it happen.
- Make your customers more comfortable when you meet them.
It is much easier to REMEMBER to ask for the sale if we have not taken shortcuts on our road to the sale. You don’t have to know everything, but if you can master the basics and anyone can with a little work, you will be more confident when you remember to ask for the sale.