Sales Meeting Discussion Guide:
PARTICIPATION OPENING QUESTION:
By show of hands, how many of you have ever had a customer pay you more for the same vehicle than they could have gotten from the guy down the street or at another dealership? (Share your story and or get theirs and offer and encourage comments. Have fun and encourage participation. Using humor (if appropriate), can hold their attention and set the tone for a productive meeting).
For those of you that have been in the business for a long time and even those that are new, it’s true that the customers we make the most money on are the happiest.
QUESTION: It was true for Rob. It may have been true for you. Why do you think this happens?
- Because the customer received an emotionally outstanding experience before, during and after the sale.
- Because we are passionate about what we do.
QUESTION: How can having passion about our job impact our sale performance?
- People base a lot of their buying decisions on how they were treated.
- People will continue to do business with you without worrying about paying a little more if you have a good relationship with them.
- People will listen to you if they like you; they will buy from you if they trust you and they will pay you more, if you have done the basics correctly and competently.
- People will pay more for a better experience.
Knowing that price is usually not the real issue, have every sales person share one way that they can justify charging more for the same product than someone else?
- Greet everyone promptly, the more people involved in the greeting the better.
- Make them comfortable quickly and sincerely.
- Show them around the entire store.
- Show them why others do business with you. Use an Evidence Manual.
- Respect their time by setting the proper expectations and following through on them.
- Know your inventory and know your products
If customers are willing to pay more for your product and service, why are you not asking more for your product and service? Notice I said “and service”, not “or service”. If you want to make more, you have to deliver outstanding service before, during and after the sale. People will not always remember what you said or even how you said it, but they will always remember how you made them feel.